Monday, November 8, 2010

11/16 Readings

Digital Library Design for Usability

Cultural models are incredibly hard to change but I believe that the Design for Usability could become a cultural model if the organizationally-sensitive model is well designed and throughly tested before introducing into the DL community.  If the organizationally-sensitive model has problems or is unliked then it will take much longer for the DL community to accept it, if they do at all.

Evaluation of digital libraries: An overview

I was surprised to hear that not many evaluation studies "on" digital libraries have been done seeing as there is extensive literature "about" how they should be done.  I do like the "versus" hypothesis and I think that this paper brings to light a serious issue with digital library and user interactions.

Usability of Interactive Systems

It was interesting to read about the different things one has to consider when designing a system.


Question:
What is a reasonable timeline for the implementation of the Design for Usability to when it will become a cultural norm?

No comments:

Post a Comment